Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This is the pits.

     
 
With the announcement and release of so many Hammer movies and swanky blu-ray collector sets in the UK, I finally decided to bite the bullet and invest in a region free blu-ray player. When payday finally rolled around, I headed over to the Amazon UK website and started placing orders!
 
The first thing to arrive was a copy of Quatermass and Pit. Unfortunately, my copy did not include the slipcover, which was rather disappointing. I decided to write to Amazon and ask them if they would include it in one of my other orders that hadn't shipped yet. They worst they could do was say no, or so I thought.
 
The first chap who responded to my email said that after checking with the Fulfillment Team, that Quatermass and the Pit never had a slipcover and to reply to his email and let him know if I wanted to return the movie. Never had a slipcover? That statement is incorrect. If you don't believe me, take a look at the image I found in the blu-ray.com forums above. What's that next to the blu-ray case? It looks like a slipcover to me. If you look at the item page on the Amazon UK website, it's actually a photo of the slipcover.
 
Needless to say, I replied to let him know that he was incorrect. I pointed out the fact that the image on their website is that of the slipcover and not the blu-ray case. I offered to send the above photo and let them know that the right thing to do would be to change the image on their sales page.  Guess what happened? After sending the email, the message was immediately bounced back as undeliverable. This new message contained links to follow in case I needed to contact the customer service team. So I did, once again.
 
I received a reply the next day and this new person tells me that Quatermass and the Pit doesn't have a slipcover. At least I got this guy to concede that the photo on their sales page was that of the slipcover. He also said that he would be contacting the appropriate department to have the item image corrected.  If I can get them to agree that the image they show is that of the slipcover, why won't they admit that the movie has a slipcover?  He also apologized for the error in their email programming and assured me that it had been corrected.
 
A few hours later, I received another email from Amazon UK asking me to take a survey and rate their customer service team.  Needless to say, they didn't get a very high score from me. Besides the actual slipcover, the only other thing I wanted was for one of them to acknowledge the fact that the damn movie did come with a slipcover. They may not have any to give to customers anymore, but the bloody damn movie does have a bloody damn slipcover!
   

No comments: