Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hell Yeah Harrison!


While we all know that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull isn't the greatest entry in the franchise (far from it), Shia LaBeouf went on the record to blame everyone else for not living up to its potential. Shia has been quoted as saying:

“I’ll probably get a call. But he needs to hear this. I love him. I love Steven. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I’m not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. I think he’s a genius, and he’s given me my whole life. He’s done so much great work that there’s no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.”

He even went on to later say that in private, Harrison Ford commended him for saying what he did. Well Shia, I hope you're listening because here's what Mr. Ford really said to you.

"I think I told him he was a fucking idiot. As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself."

While I'm definitely not defending some of the choices that Lucas and Spielberg made while making Crystal Skull, the biggest single problem with the film is Shia LaBeouf. It's very hard to pull off the long lost relative angle in a movie (it's a terrible idea to begin with), and when you cast a hack like Shia LaBeouf, it's impossible. You need someone with charisma and a certain gravitas for that role, things that Shia is completely lacking. 

While I could go on and write more about my opinions on Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, I don't feel like it - perhaps another now. I'll end this with a simple Hell Yeah Harrison!

 

No comments: